Monday, July 28, 2014

Africa

Jim spent 10 days in Africa this month, returning last Thursday. He spent time in Johannesburg, S. Africa and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  It was a business trip so unfortunately I did not go.  Someone has to keep an eye on the happenings around here too. 

Normally, Jim is all work and no play when he goes on business trips but this time he did take a day to go to Pilanesberg Game Reserve.  This is about a 2 hour drive out of Johannesburg.  One of the guys from an aviation company took them on the trip so there were just the three of them. That was nice for them and they didn't have to go with any tour group.

I'm so glad that Jim gets to fulfill my bucket list since he doesn't really have one.   

On the trip to Pilanesberg





















View from Hotel room in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Ethiopia


Ethiopia

Ethiopia
Ethiopia

Here is a link to all his photos.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107618929605830788184/albums/6039836465797378081

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, thanks for sharing. Some very cool pictures by your protégé. I definitely think you should keep this on your bucket list and simply record this as a preview of what may be to come someday.

Jim has certainly covered a large part of the globe and I enjoy it when you share his pictures. Special greetings to him, it would be fun to hear his stories in person.
Sunny and hazy to start the day, it’s rumored that today we are going to reach the high 80’s which while its cool by your standards is very, very warm for us. I am really hoping Gloria remembers to turn on the air conditioner before she leaves the house this morning so that it stays cool throughout the day while we are out.

Will let this be all for now.

Donna and Jim said...

Hey Tim. Yes, its on my bucket list....still. I need a vacation. Somewhere near a beach.

Yes, Jim has some interesting trips. He's got another really interesting one coming up in a few months. At one time it was on my bucket list...but not so much anymore. I'll keep you guessing on that one. (big hint..one of the things he eats the most of is sacred there).

Anyway, You might want to get a blow up pool to sit in if the heat hangs around much longer.

Thanks for your email today. Talk to you soon! Happy moving