I have always wanted to hike to Camp Muir on Mt. Ranier but always figured it was just a little bit out of my reach (physically). But with several Grand Canyon trips behind us I figured it would be fun to finally try to do it. Jim really wants to him to the top of Mt. Ranier someday so I thought this would be a warmup. LOL!
My brother, Dewey, was game to go. Tim, Kelsey and Liam where excited for this. However, I don't really think any of them understood what the hike was about except for me. I nice hike in the mountains turned into an EPIC hike. I, of course, loved every hard grueling minute of it. Its actually harder than the Grand Canyon hike we did in March. This is about a 4700ft elevation gain in 4.1 miles.
I ended up getting a cramp in my hip the last mile before Camp Muir. It was so steep. I was thankful I had shot blocks to push me the final stretch. Kelsey and Liam where determined to make it so I got through despite the pain. One for all and all for one!
Thank you Tim for getting up early and driving us there and back and being so fun and positive on our hike. Thank you Duane for being patient with us. Thank you Kelsey and Liam for helping me find my inner strength. What an amazing day!
 |
| What a puny mountain. I got you no problem. |
 |
| sibling love |
 |
| Live each day as if it is your last |
 |
| entering the DANGER ZONE. We have been warned. |
 |
| Once again, I take sweet Kelsey on a dangerous hike. Whats life without a little danger? |
 |
| Getting steep |
 |
| made it! |
 |
A random photo that showed up on my camera. Thanks Liam. Your nose is awesome. |
 |
| Victory |
 |
| Beginning of hike. They had no idea what was in store. heheheheh |
 |
| a bear walked out in front of me. I mean, how often does that happen? |
No comments:
Post a Comment