Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Trip to Washington - Part 1

Its a good thing we planned extra time to get to the airport.  99.9% of the time nothing goes wrong and you have extra time to wait.  This time was different. My plane didn't leave until 1:55pm on Saturday.  Jim got home on Friday so it was nice to spend the morning with my hubby before heading off without him.

We left for the airport early, about 11:30am and on the way I decided that we should stop and eat because there really isn't anything at the airport that I wanted to eat.  We stopped at Shlotsky's on Valencia, near the airport, and had a sandwich.  We got back into the FJ and managed to make it on a side road when the car wouldn't drive right.  We got out and one of the tires was sideways.  The bolts had come out of the ti-rod.  Serious!  There was no going anywhere.  So I called the nearest tow truck and I called a taxi.   The taxi said it would be 20 minutes, which was ok at the time.   So we sat and waited and counted our blessings that we had stopped and that this didn't happen on the freeway. 

The tow truck finally arrived about a half hour later but still no taxi.  My suitcase was removed from the FJ and sat on the sidewalk.  I called back the taxi and they said it would be another 45 minutes.  WHAT?  I had to be on the plane in 45 minutes.    I went back into the restaurant and asked if anybody in there could take me to the airport and the manager said she would.  YAY!  We loaded up my stuff and said goodbye to Jim, who was working with the tow truck driver to get the FJ onto a flatbed truck, and off I went.

I got through the airport quickly and right on to my plane with barely time to spare.  I did not want to miss this trip.  I got upgraded to First Class and had a window seat.  It was so fun to see my beloved Arizona from the sky. 
The boneyard in Tucson- airplane storage.  This is amazing to see from the air.  This picture does not encompass the amount of airplanes that are there.
Flying over the Grand Canyon - A part of me always wants to be down in there. 
Grand Canyon from the air.
The Simpsons, my cousins from Calgary, Alberta,  where at Mom and Dads when I arrived and my brother came over soon after.  We all went to my favorite Thai restaurant in Mukilteo.  It was so good to be with my family again!!!


AND THE THAI FOOD IS AMAZING!  Swimming Rama is the best.


On Sunday we went to Milltown and my cousin from Edmonton, Alberta was there.  I had not seen her since she was 7 years old.   What a nice lady she has turned into.  I'm so glad I saw her.  Now we have plans to go hiking in the Grand Canyon together.  Can't wait!  Yes, whatever was in my cup is now in my purse.  LOL!

Flying into Seattle I flew past Mt. Ranier.  Its so beautiful!


Stay tuned for more photos to come. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its exciting to see the story unfold... especially because we got to be part of it.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Talk to you later.