Sunday, July 8, 2007

New Boeing Airplane on a lazy Sunday

Ok, for those who don't know Boeing unveiled it new Dreamliner today (also known as the 787). We, of course, where not there. But in Everett, where Jim and both worked a few years ago, they pulled the plane out of the hanger to much hoopla. It does look pretty cool. The CNN website has some cool pictures of the interior. However, I would be more impressed if it could fly. I don't think the plane they pulled out of the hanger even has electrical power yet. The picture of the plane flying here is just a concept.


I remember as kid packing a picnic lunch and heading off to the Boeing parking lot at the end of the runway to see the first 767 airplane take off. When I worked at Boeing, I saw the first flight of a 777. I would love to be up there to see this plane take off for the first time.


Yesterday Mom and Dad saw the dreamlifter sitting at Boeing and sent me the picture. That is the airplane that hauls all the components to Everett to be put together. I think alot of the companats are made in England for this plane. It hauls just as many people as the 767 airplane but may have 20 percent less fuel consumption (yet to be actually tested in real life). How do I know this stuff? My husband is an airplane buff. I love everything about airplanes, except flying in them.

Anyway, not much going on here today. Just relaxing getting ready for another busy week. Flynn sprained her front right paw this morning and hasn't been feeling too well. She won't walk on it but she can put a little pressure on it so I don't think its broke. Poor Flynn. Hopefully its better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lane and Sylvia said...

Scott Evoy told me that they hadn't painted the wings yet so both of the wings were covered with white tape to match the body paint. You couldn't tell unless you got up close. Now that's a lot of tape.