There are no words to describe how breathtaking and wonderful Glacier Bay is. It is a kind of beauty that I have never seen before. Photos can give you a peak at what is there but unless you visit yourself you can never fully understand the beauty and the feeling of being there. I took so many photos there that its hard to pick which ones to post. The bay is full of large icebergs that just seem to miss the ship. We went to one glacier that was very actively calving. It would crack and then fall into the water. The force of the ice into the water would stun the fish below and they would float to the top (we were too far away to actually see this phenonemon, but thats what they said). Then the seagulls would swoop in to pick up the fish. 









That afternoon as we where leaving Glacier Bay, we saw some whales breaching just off the beach. There were too far away to get a good photo. All I could get was the huge splash when they landed in the water. I would have love to have gotten up close to them. It was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment